create A Book Board game
Help the class have fun comprehending Island of the Blue Dolphins by creating a board game! Get started on this project early and add to it as you read the book.
- Design the shape of your game. Break it into squares. You may want to do a practice version first. Don’t forget to include the name of your game on the game board.
- Decide what actions happen in each square (roll again, go back, lose a turn, answer a question, etc.)
- Decide how your game will be played and write a set of directions and rules. Remember, your game needs to move forward somehow and you will need to use dice or a spinner.
- Fill out the squares on the game with the actions you picked. Make it colorful!
- Make up questions for the spaces where players have to answer questions. The questions have to be about the book. Write the questions on index cards. Make sure you write the answers somewhere too!
- Create game pieces for your game.
- Play the game!!!
Board Game Requirements
- Neat and colorful
- Around half of the spaces should be questions about the book
- Dice or spinner
- Directions and rules
- Game pieces